Wednesday, March 26, 2008

One more thing and Cardiologist

Another item that is kind of strange and cool at the same time, is how birthdays fall in our family.

First, the extended family. Gerrit's oldest two brothers share the same birthday, a year apart. Their wives also share the same birthday. On my side, we all have birthdays in consecutive months. Brother-in-law and sister, June and July. Brother and sister-in-law, November and December. Gerrit and I, September and October.

In our immediate family of four, our birthdays are the following dates: Gerrit 2nd, Michelle 2nd, Tessa 25th, Nathan 5th. So IF there is another one, it would be cool to have it fall on the 2nd, 5th, 22nd, or 25th.

Now that you know this information you can go on with a more fulfilled life :)

We are off to the cardiologist today. Nathan was born with a small hole in his heart that the specialist likes to check on every six months. He has assured me over and over that is not something to worry about and that it will not affect is quality of life, but I still get nervous. I think that in the back of my head I wonder if they will say "The hole has enlarged, time for open heart surgery now!"

Actually typing that out makes me wonder if I watch too much TV.

I explained the hole in the heart situation to Tessa last night. I think that she is a little worried too (insert comment regarding the apple not falling far from the tree). She asked to come along to make sure Nathan is okay, sweet girl. I told her she was going to play at her cousins house instead. All of a sudden, she was not at all worried about Nathan's heart. She did, however say "Oh, is the owie in his heart why Nathan is grumpy and cries a lot?" My response, "No, that's just Nathan."

4 comments:

Dale Deur said...

hope things went well @ the cardiologist today...

Sarah VB said...

Ha! I FOUND you!!
I can't believe you've been holding all of your eloquent prose from us for so long! (:

You definitely need pics though - maybe you should drive back so I can show you how....or maybe Ella and I need to plan a trip up there......Hmmmmm.... (:

Brouwer Family said...

Pictures are definetly my next goal! You and Ella are welcome ANYTIME!!! Company would be SO fun.

JodyCMF said...

hey, how was that appointment anyways?